Blog Archive

Feb 11, 2013

Ice Fishing

Mark decided to let Brian and Timmy experience a favorite pastime of his so he took us ice fishing!   It actually was one of the funnest things we have done all winter.  The kids loved it and I was just so happy to get out into the clean air!  Thanks to Mark's new ice fishing tent/shanty thing he got, the experience was just perfect and not too cold for three hours out on the ice.  Tony came with us making the morning even more fun.

I just love this picture of Timmy peering down into the fishing hole.

We went to Rockport.  That is Mark's tent way out there and the little dot to the right of that is Mark fishing in one of the holes he drilled.

Brian absolutely loved the whole experience.  He was sad when it was time to go home and he can't wait to go again.  I was very surprised that he not once got bored.  He was so happy to run from hole to hole cleaning out the floating ice and to run errands for Mark.  

Timmy was happy to be out and about, but he did lose interest in the whole fishing idea pretty quickly.  He spent some of the time on the tablet in the warmth of the tent with me.



Tony was the favorite of the kids and he even acted as sled dog and pulled the kids around on the sleds.

Yes, we did catch something.  We caught one trout.  Well, Tony caught it and Brian was right next to him watching.

Timmy was really funny as he watched the fish flop around on the ice.  He would scream every time it moved.  Then later when it was still, he got really concerned.  He kept saying, "Why the fwish die?" It was quite the learning experience for him I think.  He even learned how to say "fish" properly.  Most of the day he  pronounced it "fwish."

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I love all of these pictures! I've finally replaced my desktop background from Timmy's newborn shot to the one of Tony pulling the sleds. Thank you! You guys are so cool.

Emily said...

Brrrr. . . You guys are nuts! Those pictures make me cold just looking at them. Plus, after all these years I had no idea there were fish in rockport. . .

Natasha said...

Your family is so cute! I enjoy seeing your mom and dad every now and then. We need to get together sometime! Sounds like you had a good adventure fishing.