Every time I visit this Historic Site I am in awe of the beauty of the building, the amazing technology, the attention to every detail, the missionaries, my parents who run it all, and of course the story of the Mormon Battalion itself.
It is too hard to try to explain how amazing this place is and the incredible story it tells. I am inspired by the sacrifices the Battalion members and their families made and the faith they had through it all.
Timmy was very happy to go through the tour with Mark and me in Mandarin Chinese. It was so fun to watch the new version in Chinese, and to hear about all of the Chinese visitors the Center is getting. Brian refused to go through the tour in Chinese or in English. He got scared when we went through last winter and has refused ever since to step foot in a tour group. I'm not surprised by this at all. There are some really cool parts in the tour where we hear thunder and rain and another part where the ground even shakes when a stamped of wild bulls comes charging through our "camp." My mom took him to the "fun" parts while Mark, Timmy and I enjoyed the tour.
Brian was really interested in the new binoculars Grandpa had for the lookout tower at the Center.
My parent's mission will end in January. I am happy that they will be coming home, but sad that our San Diego visits are over. They have put so much time, thought and effort into this Historic Site and they are working harder than ever to make improvements and to get the word out to everyone about this amazing place.
Seriously if you get the chance you should visit. You can see more photos of the building on the Church website here, or watch a video about the opening here, or read a great article about it here.
I will miss the "Battalion" or the "Center." It is a special building with a special story in a special place.

1 comment:
Aw, those pictures are great - I seriously love that place. Wish we could have been there too!
Post a Comment