Blog Archive

Jun 21, 2011

The Outdoor Life

The boys and I are so happy with spending most of our awake time outdoors.  I am so grateful for this beautiful earth and nice weather so we can enjoy God's creations, and for the perfect backyard!  We spend hours in the backyard and I am so spoiled when it comes to entertaining toys and things to do outdoors.  Many of the toys we have, like the sandbox and the bike trailer, were given to us by generous family members and neighbors.  Here's just a few things we do around the yard.
 Wagon rides down the hill.

 Daily snacks outside are a must.  Once in awhile Brian will get really into the sidewalk chalk.  His favorite thing is to draw lots of lines and then connect them.  The only picture I have of this is the one above.
 Timmy in particular loves snack time on the picnic table.  I think he likes being a big boy.

 Swings. What can I say more?


 Both kids love the playset.


 My favorite is the garden.  Brian loves to find and eat the red strawberries and I just love that something is actually growing!  That lettuce behind him still hasn't gone to seed and we've been making salads from it for months.  More on the garden in a later post.

 Oh the sandbox.  I never in a million years imagined I would love a little green plastic turtle filled with sand so much.  Thank you turtle for the hours of entertainment you have provided for my one-year-old.  The three-year-old likes it too, but you make Timmy so so happy.

 And thank you zip-line for how easy you are to pull up the hill and for the countless squeals and bursts of laughter you have provided.

 Timmy has finally grown to love the bike trailer and it has provided the most exercise for me yet. 

Bubbles - the best way to get Timmy to stand on his own for more that 1 second.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Aw, how fun - I love your yard. We can't wait to come play with you this summer! Those two cute boys are looking so grown up next to each other in the bike trailer. I can't wait to see them!

Margaret said...

Isn't summer wonderful? I love that you are taking advantage of the great weather. Brian and Timmy look like they are having a blast!

Allison said...

You really do have a great yard. my kids love to come and play there. We've been loving the weather too. I wish it wouldn't get any hotter than this all summer. Wouldn't that be nice?