Blog Archive

May 1, 2011

Easter

We had such a fabulous Easter weekend!  On Saturday we went to Alli and Dave's for the big Easter Egg Hunt!  It was so fun, and Brian is still talking about "gathering eggs with cousins."  Thanks Alli and Mel for the delicious food, the fun times and the photos. 

 Brian was pretty good at finding the eggs and even though Jordie was much faster and they were usually going for the same egg, Brian still got more loot than I wanted to let him eat.  He was nice enough to share with me.


Sunday morning bright and early Brian went on a little treasure hunt to find his and Timmy's Easter buckets.  Alli gave me the idea to draw little pictures of places in the house and put them in the eggs.  The egg at each place led to another until he found the buckets in the end table cupboard.  Brian absolutely loved the treasure hunt!

 Timmy liked the eggs.
 I know you're probably wondering why I included the picture above.  I like it because it's the only picture that captured the best moment for me.  Brian found the buckets in the cupboard behind him.  He was so excited he just could not hold still and while he was jumping around Timmy crawled into the cupboard to check out his little bucket.  (If you look closely you can see Timmy in the cupboard.)  Timmy then decided that playing in the cupboard was more fun than anything in his basket and he threw it out the door in order to make more room to play.  I'm glad I didn't spend much time and effort thinking about what to give Timmy.


 After church and naps, we picked up my Grandma Joyce and took her to Mark's parents house for a wonderful Easter dinner.  It was such a nice end to the perfect Easter holiday.

I really enjoyed this year teaching Brian about our Savior Jesus Christ and the Resurrection.  Figuring out how to describe the events of Christ's life, the Atonement, His death, and the Resurrection in terms Brian would understand helped me to think more deeply about it all.

2 comments:

Emily said...

aw, I'm so glad you had Easter dinner with Grandma. What a wonderful day - you are such an amazing mom.

Allison said...

I have a bunch more pictures that have Brian in them that I have been meaning to email to you. I love the buckets you did for your kids.