2. Almost two weeks ago, Brian graduated from his crib to a big bed. He happily "helped" take the crib apart with daddy's tools and we said goodbye to it. He now sleeps on the bottom part of the futon bunk bed we have. The top part is currently in Timmy's room. Brian took to this change better than I was expecting. He has the tendency to get attached to things and he was tentative to give up his special crib he's been in for almost three years, but he surprised me and has been sleeping really well. He goes to bed and wakes up just like he did when he was in his crib and he is very happy about his "big boy bed." I love the added space in his room for all the toys and books we are accumulating. Because our basement is occupied, we don't have a play room, or a storage room or even a storage closet, so finding places for the toys and books has been a challenge. Maybe someday I'll move on from just trying to make a room functional to actually decorating. Anyway, I am proud of Brian for adjusting so well!
3. Brian is at such a fun age right now. I am thoroughly enjoying everything about him. He is fun, funny, social, happy, imaginative, and down right cute. I find myself missing him when he is sleeping, and that is a new thing for me. He keeps me and Timmy entertained and laughing all day long. He loves playing with his trains and cars, playing with play dough, playing hide and seek, singing, dancing, watching Super Why, Dinosaur Train or Little Bear on TV, and reading books. His favorite thing is still playing outside, but it's just been too cold most days. He and I can't wait for some warm weather.
4. Timmy is on the move! For over a week Timmy has been army crawling around the place. He is getting more and more determined to get to things every day, but he still gets very frustrated with his current state of immobility and wants so much to get himself to a sitting position. He has yet to figure that one out. At least he can get to a toy he wants by dragging himself along the floor on his tummy. He has a special place in his heart right now for the toy keyboard and anything Brian is playing with. Now that Timmy can actually move towards whatever Brian is playing with, Brian is having to learn how to keep certain things out of Timmy's reach. It is the beginning of a new chapter in our lives, this fighting over toys and keeping unsafe items out of Timmy's hands and mouth.
He still loves the backpack and so do I.
5. January was busy, but not too busy at work for Mark and he did take one business trip to Mexico. He has been playing basketball with the Young Men and with the Elders and wants to stay in shape. He has also had a lot of church meetings, many of them occurring now at 7:00 am on Sundays. Our church schedule changed from 1:00 pm to 9:00 am and it has taken almost all of January to adjust, but we like having the time after church to visit Mark's parents when we can.
6. Since the new year I have been trying to keep up with a few goals of my own. We've been reading a little bit of the Book of Mormon with the kids in the morning before Mark leaves for work and saying family prayers night and morning as well. I hope we can keep this (or something similar) up through the year. I've also been working on cleaning the kitchen as I go throughout the day so it's not a total disaster every night.
Mark and I are excited for this year and we have a long list of projects (mostly to be done outside) we want to accomplish! We welcome 2011!
2 comments:
Your kids are super cute. I'm glad Brian is doing so well in his big bed!
The winter is SO hard with kids! Mine are going stir crazy for sure. I'll have to come visit you and meet that new cutie!
Post a Comment