Blog Archive

Jan 4, 2011

San Diego - Grandma and Grandpa

 We took a much needed, highly anticipated, fabulous vacation to San Diego December 22-30.  The weather was nice, the entertainment was fun and the food was even better.  However, the most important and precious part of the whole trip was spending time with my parents and watching them play with and love my children.  Grandma and Grandpa are greatly missed here at home!

Grandma and Grandpa 
The pictures I did capture of my parents are the most treasured of all the pictures we took. I will do more of a travel log of our trip in another post, but I really wanted to start by highlighting my parents as grandparents.  I am so grateful for the time and attention they devoted to the boys.  They were more than helpful all week and they even let Brian sleep in their room the whole time.  They were up listening to him cough and got up with him at insanely early hours with no complaints and all smiles.  They listened to Timmy cry at night in the room next to them and spent a week of tiptoeing around the apartment while the kids were sleeping.  They were patient with me and with the kids and were understanding and accommodating when planning our day around three different nap times got difficult.  Mom and Dad, you truly are one stellar set of grandparents. 
 They got to meet Timothy for the first time!  I could not wait for them to get to know him.

Timmy and Tim
   Checking out something cool at Sea World.

The kids (and their parents) were spoiled in every way.
Brian learned all about ships and loved every minute of it.  Grandpa showed him all the coolest parts while I was busy being seasick.  Yes, I got seasick on boats that were not even sailing.
I didn't even have to push my own kids around.

Grandpa planted some really large pieces of gold for Brian to find at the Battalion Center.  Brian will treasure them forever.
Even with her not-even-close-to-being-healed broken elbow, my Mom was constantly holding and helping with the kids.
Grandma always has the best ideas for making Brian happy.

He couldn't get enough of the simulator airplanes on the Midway Aircraft Carrier.
THANK YOU Mom and Dad for EVERYTHING!  For the fun and all the food and goodies and Christmas gifts and conversations and most of all for your time even though it was one of the busiest weeks at the Center the entire year.  We are so blessed and so grateful to have been able to spend the time with you!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

What cute pictures! Even though we missed you on Christmas day, I am so glad that you were able to spend time with your parents. Looks like it was a lot of fun! :)

Emily said...

Oh, what a fun trip! I love all the pictures of mom and dad - everyone looks great.

My kids can't wait to visit San Diego again. . .

Melissa said...

Thank you for posting the fun pictures and sharing the memories! I miss Timmy's fetching smile, cuddly body, and kissable face; and Brian's cute voice in the morning..."Grandma, Grandma, It's light outside.", and his enthusiasm for everything we did. What darling children!

Allison said...

Oh, this makes me wish we would have been there with you. We miss grandma and grandpa! I can't wait to see your other pictures!

Erin said...

Okay, now I see our visits did overlap. Next time we should coordinate!