Blog Archive

Apr 18, 2010

Easter

We had such a nice Easter this year.  On the Saturday before Easter we had my sisters and their kids over for some food and a big Easter Egg Hunt.  While everyone was here we had more cake and candles for Brian's Birthday. 

Brian's cousin Jordie was super excited to give Brian a little present.  Thanks Jordan, Caitie, and Alli.  Brian loves it all!


Brian really got into finding eggs.  He would focus so hard on finding a picking up eggs that I couldn't get him to look at me for a picture.  Yes, he started the hunt as the only kid with a plastic bag rather than a beautiful Easter basket (I felt like a pretty lame mom), and he ended with Caitie's pretty pink basket (she wasn't too into egg finding). 


Here is everyone enjoying their loot.  It sure brings back memories of the massive egg hunts we would have at the Ranch with all our cousins.



On Sunday we enjoyed Conference and went to a neighbors in between sessions for a little gathering and small egg hunt.  After having practice finding eggs the day before, Brian was especially intense about getting them this time.  He got WAY more than his fair share and had to give a bunch to the other kids.


This time I was able to dig up an old basket from our shed for him to carry.  Brian still plays with the basket and the empty eggs.  Next year I want to remember to get him a real Easter basket and I want to remember to actually limit the candy he eats in one day.  He definitely had a candy overload that Easter Sunday and it was not pretty.  Brian is not like other children when it comes to candy.  He is very intense about eating it and that is all he can think about if he is in any way reminded that candy even exists.  Mark keeps saying to me, "I wonder who he gets that from?"
Despite having too much candy, we all loved Easter this year and I hope that next year Brian can begin to grasp the real reason we celebrate this fabulous holiday.

1 comment:

Katie and Brandon said...

i'd have to agree with mark... remember our visits to the fudge factory??? haha. we'd down a pound of fudge in one sitting. easily. ;)

glad you had a great easter and were able to spend time with your gorgeous family.