Blog Archive

Oct 25, 2009

Arches - Xiao Wang Di

I'm Brian in the U.S., but in China they would call me "Xiao Wang Di," or the Little Emperor. I guess it's because I have six servants, I can't always remember their names, so I just call them, Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, NaiNai, and YeYe. Or Ehh when I'm lazy works with all of them.


Well, I'm getting along in years (read:months), and at a mature 18, I figured it was time to see the world...
It was time for me to see what Arches National Park was all about.
I enjoyed the view from my throne, and whenever peasants would walk by I would casually smile and receive gifts of trail mix and fruit snacks. I even got down to enjoy a ceremonial sand burial and smell some rare desert flowers.


I ordered some of the servants to take me to Double O Arch, but it took so long I fell asleep just before I got to see it. I was angered that I missed it, but luckily for them I found a sweet truck in the sand. I let them carry me to a couple more arches, including Landscape Arch to make up for missing Double O. It was interesting, but in the end I ordered both of them to jump off a sand hill to their doom.


Overall, I would say the trip was tolerable. The weather was always nice, and I got to eat some very authentic Chinese food. Who knew the best Chinese restaurant is in Moab, UT.

I wonder what I'll go see next weekend...

I'm starting to get the feeling that the servants are conspiring against me. I think they are bringing another King/Queen in to undermine my authority...

9 comments:

Margaret said...

What an awesome way to present the trip! I love how creative it is! Brian looks so adorable in all of these pictures, too. :)

Erin said...

Fun trip... Congratulations?

Emily said...

Ha! Cute post. . .

Xiao Wang Di looks like he had a great time with is entourage!

Vivian said...

very sly... i like the subtlety! Cute pictures. I'm sad I missed the first day of hiking.

jess said...

YAY! We get to be pregnant together this time! I loved this post...it made me laugh. Mostly b/c Nate's family calls Tyler the "little emperor." So excited for you guys!

Audrey said...

Congratulations on the new little one! This was such a cute post, by the way!!

Jenny said...

I would love to take credit for the coolest post ever, but it was actually Mark who did this one. Sadly I'm just not that clever. He was sick of waiting for me to post about our trip so he decided to do it while I cleaned the kitchen. Thanks Mark!

Unknown said...

who knew blogging could be so fun...

Allison said...

I love the last picture where Brian looks like he is holding a sceptor. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

And Mark, you better watch out, blogging can be addicting!