All in all we demolished four walls, a shower, two ceilings, a closet; ripped up carpet and padding and tore down the stair banister. Then we built six walls, two closets, a kitchen, a bedroom, extended the bathroom, put in a bathtub, installed cabinets, fridge, dishwasher, stove, counter etc. After painting, caulking, tiling, mudding, spackling, priming, trimming, cutting carpet and pads, putting down kitchen floor, cleaning, etc. etc. etc. we finally finished just in time. Oh how glad we are to have it all done. Of course we couldn't have done it without the help of family. Thanks to the Hsiao family for your late nights painting, demolishing, cleaning, and helping us carry in thousands of pounds of sheetrock, the fridge, and everything else.
Sadly I didn't get ANY pictures of the basement before we got to it, but here are a few pictures of construction and finished product. The finished pictures are first so they're a little out of order, but it gives you an idea of what was completed.
14 comments:
So - what does Mark do with all his spare time?
Sounds expensive to me! Jay has been finishing just one room in our basement so Chad can move down and go to school. I've taken similar pictures of him dusted from working with sheetrock and mud! :)
I love reading your blog and seeing what you guys are up to. Where are you guys living? We're going to be coming up to Salt Lake in April and if you're around we'd love to see you. Tell Mark that he's the man. That basement looks awesome. Wanna come do my house?
Wow sounds and looks like a lot of work! It looks great! Don't you love a husband that is a handy man too?
The place is awesome! We are so lucky you guys are willing to share your new home with us!
The basement turned out great! I was amazed after seeing it last night. You guys are awesome!
And thanks for coming to dinner with us and celebrating Dave's birthday, it was tons of fun.
Ha ha ha - I'm laughing at Russ's comment.
Holy Cremolies! (Isaac's new saying)
That looks awesome - I can't believe all the work you did. Brilliant. Unbelievable. I'm so amazed by you, Mark. You. Are. Mr. Potts.
That was the fastest, best and most budget-conscious remodel job I have ever seen. Way to go! It would have taken me the same amount of time just to decide how to get started!
I'm still blown away with how fast it took you guys. Very impressive! : )
Oh thanks for all the nice comments you guys. It was a lot of late nights, but well worth it! I learned a lot last month and acquired some sweet tools in the process.
Now onto the next project,
I wonder if the city building code has a maximum size for a shed...
You guys are so amazing for doing all that work so quickly! It looks amazing!
Oh Jenny, I have so much sympathy (should I say empathy!) for you right now! Remodeling is fun, but A LOT OF WORK! It turned out beautiful though.
Mark really does have a lot of talents/hobbies! It looks fabulous! I'm SO impressed!
So I decided that I want to come and live in your basement, it looks really nice, I'm amazed that you guys did it all by yourselves!
Post a Comment