Blog Archive

Jul 1, 2020

June 2020

June was a fantastic and eventful month for me for many reasons. It started in the best way possible! My aunt let me keep my grandma's grand piano at my house!  We cleared the spot and paid for the movers to bring it from my grandma's house. We love love love it so much!




Our basement renter has been joining us on Sundays for music playing and recording.  Mark got new microphones.  We have had a lot of fun making beautiful music!

Practicing both cello and piano continues on.

We went up to the ranch and I checked out the cows on our property.

The boys played and hiked.

We got our load of hay from South Weber.  Brian drives, I bring the bales to the trailer and Mark literally throws them up and stacks them.

Because we got my grandma's piano, we sold our old piano to Marks brother. We went up to Logan to bring it to them.  They have the cutest little ducklings to play with.

Because we were already in Logan with the horse trailer, I convinced Mark to let us stop and see these little mini horses I had been eyeing on KSL.  They let me take them for a drive and I could not resist.  We bought them and brought them home! I am in love with them!


I tended to the garden and watched it grow.





I took the horses up to the ranch for the green grass.

I love riding Cowboy up there.

Poor Ahab really struggled this last winter.  He just can't keep the weight on.  It is to be expected for a 38 year old horse.  I am glad he enjoys the green grass because it may be his last summer.

The kids love the ranch and the critters they find there.

Brian stated a mountain biking team every Wednesday morning.  Timmy and I ride the trails while he is riding with his team.  Sometimes we stop at cool places to take a break.

I finally figured out how to harness the minis properly.  And I am slowly learning to drive them.



I still like the goats.

The boys did a few weeks of morning tennis lessons.  They are getting good!

Mark worked a lot in June. He did some fishing and he grew out his mustache!

I think I finally figured out the best feeder system for all the hay eating animals.  It was difficult because they range in size from my tall appendix horse to my little mini goats.



The boys (including Mark) played a lot of street hockey.

More mountain biking.

And fishing for Mark.  This time with no mustache!

We have done some hiking too. Timmy always regrets forgetting his hat. 


When we hike with cousins, Timmy is always my hiking buddy.  Brian is too fast for us.

We had another fun hot dog roast at the ranch because Emily and her kids are in town!




We had two broody hens so I got 10 chicks for them to raise.



Mark slipped the chicks under the hens at night and they thought their eggs hatched!


These are fantastic mamas.





On Father's Day our ward held a sacrament meeting.  It went well, but is postponed again because of the high COVID-19 numbers.


Happy Father's Day to Mark!  These boys could not ask for better!

I love summer sunsets.



I took the minis up the ranch for the cousins to enjoy.  We had so much fun!


We all stayed a night and played and ate and enjoyed being together at our beautiful ranch.








It was very good practice for me and the minis to drive up in Oakley.




Pip loves the ranch too.

Brian went on a huge hike with the older boys up to the lake.  None of the boys who went had ever been there and I am glad they didn't get lost!

My sister Emily takes good pictures and she shares them with me. Thank you Emily!


Cowboy hurt his eye at the ranch and he needed a hoof trim so I brought him back.  He misses Ahab, but he seems content to be king of the farm here.







The boys went swimming at a neighbors pool.

More street hockey.

We joined the Evans cousins on a hike up Bald Mountain. Again, Timmy and I (and Pip) were hiking buddies while Brian disappeared up the mountain.




We did learn that Timmy has quite the fear of heights.  It is something he will have to deal with his whole life.


This is the only time I saw Brian. After the hike was over.

But my sister Allison sent me pictures of him up there.




After hiking Baldy, we joined everyone at Lily Lake for some some fun!




I cannot get enough of my paddle board.


June was beautiful.  I love the time I get to spend with Mark and the boys and my extended family during this pandemic June. However, we really miss spending time with Mark's parents.  We want to keep Daniel safe through all this and we are looking forward to a day when we can spend time with them without fear of spreading the virus. For now, we will continue visiting with them weekly over Zoom and praying for them.  

No comments: