Blog Archive

Nov 1, 2018

October 2018

I always love the month of October!  It has my birthday and all things Fall! These chicks don't exactly say Fall (more a Spring thing), but I love watching new chicks with their mama.  It is more fun for me than raising them myself. She was pretty quick to take them outside and I was a little worried about them with the falcon we have around that always dive bombs the hens.  But all five chicks are alive and well!


Cowboy sometimes eats the crumbs of hay off the top of the sheep.  I think it is funny.


 The chickens have water in their coop, but they love when I fill the bucket outside.

In the beginning of October the garden looked like this.

More chick time!



I did some work in the Airbnb and added a few things.

Mark and his parents bought the house across the street and we got it ready to rent.

Alice painted the whole thing!

It was fun looking through the blue prints.  We bought the house from the original owner who designed it himself.

We needed Mark's help to get our giant pumpkin out of the garden.


Then it was General Conference time!  I loved all of it.  And it was the big 2 hour church announcement too!






Flag football continued into October.

I enjoy cello group class more than the boys.  They haven't been very good at reviewing past songs so they always feel a little sheepish when they can't keep up.

I collected eggs for a week to give away at our Fall Festival.

This is just some cute drawing of Timmy's.

The boys helped me get ready for the big ward party at our house.

Then they had their last football game.

And it was Neighborhood Fall Festival Time in my backyard!  We grew all the pumpkins there.











It was a fun and successful Fall Festival.  My mom came and helped me lead the horses for horse rides and we walked and walked until it was too dark.  Everyone else played games like corn hole, bocce ball, spike ball and we had a fun sawdust dig for the kids.  There was pumpkin painting and food from the chili cook-off and dancing to Mark's music and a fire to sit at and enjoy visiting. I loved that neighbors came that we usually don't see at ward parties.  I was leading horses during most of it so I only got pictures from before it started and from the very end, but it really was a hopping party!




The next day was Sunday and my birthday.  My big present was to just have the Fall Festival over with.  I was so relieved no one got hurt and that everyone had a great time.  I helped with a baptism for some kids in my primary and my friend gave me this pretty cupcake. Happy 36 to me!



We slowly cleaned up the week after the party.  In fact, I am still cleaning up a bit.


Mark helped me take the horses up the ranch one day.  It was so fun for me to have them up there. This was on the ride up.  Pip likes the extra room Mark's truck provides.









Cowboy did so awesome with my nieces!  I am so pleased with him!


I love the ranch during Fall, and I love this picture and the guy in it.















 One of the many amazing dinners from Alice.

Sunrise at breakfast time through the kitchen window.

Crazy hair day at school.

Timmy apparently thought it was crazy ripped pants day too! He goes through pants faster than any kid I know!

For about a week Pip had been in the compost bin trying to get to some critters under there.

She did eventually find a family of rats. Gladly I think she really does have some Jack Russell Terrier in her after all!

The boys had Halloween parties at school the week before Halloween because it was a short day. Timmy is Harry Potter.

Brian is a cowboy.


I helped in Brian's class.

Then it was a long weekend of play and work on the farm.  The weather was beautiful!


We cleaned up the barn, fixed feeders, cleaned out the garden, planted trees and Mark did lots and lots of work on his shop and tractor.


We carved out some time to carve some pumpkins. I am just so glad the kids can do it by themselves now.


Then it was Halloween and trick or treating time. It was fun but we have entirely too much candy.


And that's our October!  Next up we are planning Thanksgiving and Christmas! Once Halloween is over I feel perfectly great about playing Christmas music. My favorite!

No comments: