Blog Archive

May 29, 2018

April 2018

April started this year with Easter and General Conference!  Such an amazing weekend!  I read the Easter story with the boys on Sunday morning and then we hunkered down for lots of conference watching.  It was especialy wonderful to sustain President Nelson as our prophet and to see the new apostles called, Elder Gong and Elder Suarez.

The boys were super excited to pitch the tent (make a fort) to listen to conference again.

Timmy got involved in some crafty things while listening as well.


 We did not have time to do any egg decorating this year, so I just let our farm decorate and celebrate Easter for us with lambs, chicks, and beautiful colored eggs!

Molly's lambs started climbing all over her after two days. 

It was a waiting game for Mabel.  She was huge and I thought her lambs would come right after Molly's, but we waited and waited and waited.

Easter ended and Monday cello lessons came even though it was still Spring Break for us.

We took one of those spring break days to go to the Museum of Natural Curiosity.  This was our first time and the boys really enjoyed it even though it was pretty crowded.



Any extra time was lamb time!


After a few days together in the barn, Molly was so ready to get out into the pasture to eat the new grass.








We took a little break from hanging out with the lambs to play a little video game soccer with Mark. Mark took some time off work during spring break as well.

Then it was back outside!


Building a fire was definitely on the menu for spring break and it felt like we went camping. I love that Brian and Timmy can build their own fires now!



This little guy had fallen asleep like this! So funny.


Kids went back to school and I put privacy slats in the park fence to give Rambo some privacy.  He seems to like it.  He doesn't like the diet I have put him on though.  He still has some pounds to lose.

I took the boys to visit Grandma Joyce.  We love her so much. They played the cello for her.


I ordered some bare root Ponderosa Trees online.

The boys dug 25 holes for them.  Then we planted all the trees and then they died.  So sad.

Molly's babies grew so fast and Mabel watched as she waited for her own.


Cousin Lily was baptized.

Brian and Timmy liked digging holes so much that they asked to do it again.


They also got a good game of Monopoly going.

Mark went to Florida for a week of work and the first day he was there he looked on the barn camera early in the morning and saw that Mabel had a baby!  He called and woke me about 6:40 to tell me.  I jumped up and ran out there and sure enough she had a little girl!


She was digging around the pen and not letting the baby eat so I was sure she had another baby on the way.  I saw her little ram born about a half hour later.  It was such a cool experience for me!

Sadly I had sent the boys in to get dressed for school and they missed the birth, but were excited to see it when they came back outside.





Mabel's babies came almost two weeks after Molly's.


The chickens love Spring!

Piano lessons as always.

During April we had the pleasure of hosting a wonderful German couple in our Airbnb.  They came to visit their son and his wife who just had a baby.  Their names are Dieter and Petra.  They were so sweet and Petra absolutely loved the farm and the lambs especially.


One evening they asked if they could bring some friends back to see the farm so I put on my farm jacket and headed out to show them around.  I was not prepared to have their "friends" be Sister Uchtdorf and the Uchtdorf's daughter and husband.  It was a good experience.  Harriett is the sweetest person and she enjoyed seeing the farm.  She was very excited to take fresh eggs home to Elder Uchtdorf and we had a good time wondering if he ate our eggs for breakfast the next day!



I was often amazed that I had four lambs born on our farm!

This is just a cute picture of Timmy.  When we read scriptures in the morning he likes to wrap up in his blanket.

Here is Brian during scriptures sitting on the window.

One day Mark showed up with the neighbor's tractor.  He jumped on the offer to use it and got a whole lot of work done in a few hours.  He ripped out the fence we have been wanting to get rid of for years.

Then he leveled the area near the barn that we wanted turned into a play area.


I helped remove all the wood and stuff while the boys built a fire.




I got a new horse in April!  Her name is Sandpiper.  She is a mustang born in the wild but a nice well trained horse now.

I tried to get rid of our swing set for free and then changed my mind and made Mark move it to the play area.

Went to the Natural History Museum with Brian's grade.


Watched Timmy perform a school program.





The vet came to float Ahab's teeth.

We got woodchips for the play area.





Let the chicks out of their baby pen.



Cello group class.


Spent time figuring out what Sandpiper needed as a bridle.




Timmy learned about maps and made a map of our farm.



Reading on a Sunday morning outside in pajamas.  What could be better?

Found new shelters for my sheep.







That's a wrap for April.  It is already the end of May so I need to step up my game here on the blog.  I don't want to give this up!

No comments: