So here is July in all its fullness! I crammed so much into that one little month and I would not want it any other way. That is what July is for in my mind. . . adventure, family, outdoors, Shakespeare Festival, freedom, and fun!
We started the month with a Saturday family trip to Strawberry Resevoir to catch some crawfish and do a little paddle boarding on my new paddle board! I sold the kayaks and bought the paddle board instead. I love it!
Then it was up to the ranch to see the Texas cousins a few days later.
These two spent the day catching little, and not so little, creepy crawly bugs and worms.
The next day was scheduled for the big boat race. This is one of Brian and Timmy's favorite things.
The boat race was fun and of course Timmy caught a snake at the end.
Back at home Mark continued with his tank settup. He added the cleaning crew of snails and crabs.
Then we met my family at Lagoon. It was a hot but very fun day!
Mark, Pip and I started taking evening walks in the park after getting the kids to bed. Pip loves going to the park with Mark
We went on some outings to the reef store with Mark.
We said goodbye to Mark's grandmother who was heading back to Texas.
And we said goodbye to the pony Chip.
The boys played a great game of tennis ball baseball and Pip was truly amazing in the outfield catching the balls.
The tank changed little by little and Mark started adding things.
Here is a game of soccer in the park with the pony in the background. We have the best place in the valley.
A sad day came when the neighbor cut down the huge cottonwood tree over the field, but it needed to happen as it was mostly dead. I miss the shade so much.
My hero Mark spent so much time replacing the hybrid battery in my car. He stayed up all night so I could drive it to Cedar City the next day. He is so awesome!
Shakespeare Festival time! I took the boys to Treasure Island and they loved it!
Besides the plays and swimming in the pool, we went to the frontier museum again. It is always a highlight.
The other highlight is the shave ice shack next to the hotel.
The last day was a bit cold in the pool so the boys ended in the tub.
I stopped at some trails near Cedar City since I didn't get to go on a hike while down there. The boys always have fun running around outdoors!
Then we all ended up together again at Cove Fort.
We got a glimpse of Chip at his new home near Cove Fort. He was tied up and not too happy. I hope he has adjusted better by now and loves it. It was a bit sad to see him looking like he wanted to come home with me.
This is another evening at the park after the Cedar City trip.
The next week we hiked to Timpanogos Caves with my family.
It was definitely a highlight of the summer and it made everyone so hungry we just had to stop at Chuck a Rama on the way home.
Kids still found time to mess up their rooms and play with their Legos during July.
I had to find time to work at home. Life couldn't be all play and no work! Here is Timmy trying out the free bird cage I was making into a temporary cage for the broody hens.
Brian is writing a primary talk here.
Pip cooled off in the water. July was so hot!
The games these two come up with usually end in someone hurt, but they continue on with it for some reason.
Pip and Jojo usually get one race in each day. Pip wishes it were more, but Jojo thinks one run a day is all her chubbiness can take.
I started filling this tub of water daily for Pip to jump in after her sessions of fetch.
Mark added even more fish to the tank.
And we took one last July day at the ranch to say goodbye to the Texas cousins.
The boys got into the sand box after I cleaned it all up for them.
The fish tank got even cooler with the addition of the yellow tang.
Mark and the boys had a paper airplane contest.
We finally carpeted the stairs.
And Mark gave the kids their needed haircuts.
I was out playing fetch with Pip, when July left me one last beautiful gift. It was a few minutes of pure wonder and joy standing there in the middle of our dirt field looking at this beauty of a sky. Gratitude filled my heart for all of my blessings.










































































































No comments:
Post a Comment