February always goes quickly. Those two fewer days in the month really make it seem short. My mom took me cross country skiing for the first time with my "new" skis I found at DI. Cross country skiing is still fun and a great workout even with my vintage skis.
I helped 100 first graders do a craft for Chinese New Year. I don't know how I end up being in charge of this stuff. Here is Timmy at the calligraphy station.
We went swimming at the condo. Grandma was so nice to play a keep away game with the boys.
Mark made progress on the basement drywall installation.
We visited some friends for dinner.
The snow melted.
The wolf den went to the city museum, which I didn't even know existed.
This was a dinner a Pizzaria Limon. These boys can eat.
Valentine's Day came around and I had to stress about organizing the third grade party. I am not a natural party planner and not a crafty person, but the kids had fun and the teachers are grateful they don't have to do it.
I enjoyed being there with Brian.
Brian was super exited that the cub scout Blue and Gold Banquet was Harry Potter themed since we were smack dab in the middle of reading the books together. The boys have loved reading them with me.
These boys love carving sticks with their pocket knives.
We went to the zoo on a day off of school with my mom. It was a great and beautiful day for February!
Sometimes I wake up to find these guys have raided the recycle bin and have started some serious projects with the stuff they find. Brian especially seems to be extra creative in the wee hours of the morning.
February was the beginning of a month long pinewood derby planning and car making. This was mine and Brian and Timmy's first time ever doing a pinewood derby. The ward decided to invite anyone and everyone to race a car after the cub scouts had their race.
Mark helped the scouts and their families with their cars. There were many nights when he opened his shop for them to come use his tools. He was so nice and generous with his time and precious tools.
Mark's work got a salt water fish tank and we have been to visit every few weeks to feed the sea animals on the weekend. It has been fun to see new fish and creatures added each time.
Sometimes after throwing bales of hay off the roof from the hayloft, I like to sit and watch the animals from up above. I enjoy the different perspective
Why does this picture seem so familiar? Because it is so similar to the one taken a week or two earlier! These boys were really on a creating boats and ships with recyclables and lots of duct tape kick! It is amazing what a disaster they can make while I am getting up and ready in the mornings.
At the end of February poor Timmy got really sick. He had a high fever for days and a horrible sour throat. The Dr. was sure it was strep but the culture came back negative. He eventually just got better, but it wasn't fun. Here his is waiting at the doctor's office.
After cutting and sanding their pinewood derby cars it was time to paint. Timmy is wearing my painting T-shirt and poor Brian was forced to wear my girly apron to protect his clothes. Sorry Brian.
We played a musical number for a care center one Sunday in February. I made a little arrangement of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. The boys did a great job and it was a wonderful experience. I am glad they get the opportunity to serve this way.
As I look back through my calendar for February, we seemed to keep busy. I had lots of days volunteering at the school, taking care of items for primary, cub scouts and relief society, going to parent teacher conferences, cello lessons, piano lessons, cello group class, visiting teaching, etc. Life just fills up, but I am glad I can be there for the boys and to serve in church.































No comments:
Post a Comment