For the recital Timmy played Allegretto accompanied on the cello by his teacher Elliott Cheney.
I took them to Five Guys for lunch after and then to Menchies next door for a frozen yogurt treat. I just love these boys!
Later that night we participated in the ward talent show. The boys wanted to do something more "fun" than just playing their recital songs again, so I arranged a little Star Wars cello trio for us to play. The boys had Darth Vader outfits from Halloween so I put together something to look like Princess Leia for myself and we had fun playing for the talent show. It was a great experience!
Later that week Brian's grade did a last minute talent show. Timmy had a special teddy bear picnic with his class during that time so Brian and I just played Star Wars for his grade. We did not dress up and I thought that was the end of it. Then the day before the last day of school I picked Brian up and as we were walking to the car lots of people were saying, "Congratulations Brian!" and after asking what was going on he said they announced that he had won the talent show and that he needed to play his talent for the end of year assembly the next day. Yikes! I did not even know that was a possibility when we played it for his grade. I thought since we were going to play it for the whole school we might as well dress up to make it more fun. Timmy recorded it on my phone and Brian did a better job playing than I did. He is so good at keeping his cool even in front of his entire school. I'm just glad it's over and I will plan next time for me to be watching instead of playing!







No comments:
Post a Comment