After weeks of planning and many talks with Brian about getting baptized, the big day came. Our Stake does the baptisms on Sundays and it ended up being a busy day with church lessons and Brian even had to give a talk in Primary that day. We arrived at the Stake Center early so he and Mark could get changed into white clothes. Luckily their smallest white suit fit him well enough. He got to look at the font and we took a few pictures.
Brian was baptized by his loving dad, and Mark even said it in Chinese at Brian's request. Seeing these two all in white together was very special.
Brian shared the baptism day with his friend from church.
The program could not have been better. Brian's Nai Nai said the opening prayer in Chinese and there was a great talk given on baptism. After both boys were baptized, all the primary kids came up and sang the song, The Miracle. It was beautiful and Brian enjoyed taking part in the musical number. Then Brian's Grandma Melissa gave a perfect talk about the Holy Ghost. Brian loved that she used his cello as an object to teach about how we need to stay in tune in order to listen to the Holy Ghost. I loved hearing her testimony. Then Mark confirmed Brian, giving him the gift of the Holy Ghost and confirming him a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Mark also gave Brian a beautiful blessing at that time. Brian's grandfathers and uncles were in the circle. The chapel in the Stake Center was full that evening of people who love and care about Brian. I hope he will always remember this day and all those people who care about him. Then family and close friends came to our house after for dinner.
One of the greatest blessings of the day was that Mark's parents were in town on a break from there temple mission in Taiwan. They were home for a medical checkup and it worked out that they could be here for Brian's baptism.
We wanted to give everyone a good dinner to say thanks for coming all the way here on a Sunday evening. We decided to go with serving Mexican steak and chicken along with the fixings, salad and more. Thanks to everyone who helped prepare and set things out! We got things started quickly and we all got a good Sunday dinner.
We had tables all over the place for the crowds to sit and enjoy dinner. Here is the dining table crowd.
Here are the basement boys. Brian just absolutely loved having all his cousins with him.
We consider our good friends, the Cookes, to be like family. I'm glad they could come by for a little dinner before that Sunday bedtime.

One of Brian's favorite things was that I made a little slideshow of pictures of him that ran on the TV while people ate. He was so excited to be the center of attention for this special day.
Here is some of the Hsiao Family! We were all so happy to see Alice's smiling face here after a year of her being in Taiwan.
And here's some of the rest of the Hsiao members at a different table. I love these people so much!
I thought this picture was so cute of these two matching girls with the chicks. Hopefully there was not too much Sunday attire that got ruined here on the farm. I was too busy inside to really know what was going on outside.
It really was a wonderful day full of joy and gratitude. We are so blessed to be members of this true church. I am glad Brian has been baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. He has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and His Church.
This baptism day could not have been more lovely. As Brian was brushing his teeth that night I walked into the bathroom and he had a flood of tears running down his cheeks. I asked him what was wrong and he said through his tears and his toothbrush, "I'm just so sad this day is over." He cried all the way until he fell asleep. He is such a sweet boy and I'm glad he had a sweet baptismal day.















1 comment:
You did such a good job with Brian's baptism! Well, I guess Brian did a good job choosing to be baptized, but you did all of the heavy lifting. Well, I guess Mark did the lifting out of the water, but you know what I mean!! The dinner was incredible. And the musical number and montage and guest book and hosting were perfect. Thank you for putting so much thought and effort into this. We always love going to your house because you make it fun for everyone.
Post a Comment