February began full of cold and snow! Timmy was very good about helping me feed the animals (or riding in the hay cart) throughout the month. I love his company in the afternoons and will miss him next year when he is in first grade!
Then slowly as the month went on the snow began to melt.
It became quite the muddy mess out there.
Then one day at the end of February the snow at our house was gone except an ice pile on the north side of the shop.
Brian and Timmy got really into taking things apart. I don't even know what this once was, but it was some old electronic/computer part of Mark's.
Both boys celebrated 100 days of school and this was my attempt at dressing Brian up to be 100 years old. He wanted a mustache. I obviously need some practice with face paint.
We went to parent teacher conferences. The boys are doing well. I tried to get a picture of Timmy in front of his penguin. It's the top one with the book colored blue. He always loves to color the entire paper.
With Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day so close together it seemed we had a lot of partying going on this month. I helped organize Timmy's class Valentine's party. Kindergarteners are so cute! We had a blast.
The boys loved going through their loot at home and spreading it around the entire house.
Mark bought me a Bosch mixer in February. I got it just before Valentine's Day so I say it was his gift to me for the day of love. I keep forgetting to take pictures, but I have made two batches of my mom's whole wheat bread, two batches of cookies, and these Taiwanese green onion bread pancakes, which the boys and I devoured before Mark could even try them. I have been making six loaves of bread and then freezing them in the freezer that Mark got me for my birthday last year. Life is so nice with these awesome conveniences!
Timmy really got into puzzles and did every puzzle we have in the house.
At the end of February the school did a fun run fundraiser. Brian especially got really into the running part. He loves running and racing! I helped mark laps all day long and he ran more laps than almost all the sixth graders. I think they had 30 minutes (someone told me it was 20) to run as many laps (1/16 of a mile) as they could. Brian did 55 and rocked it! Overall he ran about 3.4 miles.
He told me later that his goal was to pass any girl he saw in front of him. This picture was posted on the school website and I had to laugh, because there he is passing a girl is his class. Most of the girls are at least a foot taller than him too.
Timmy REALLY surprised me with his run. Before the run I asked him how many laps he thought he could do and he said, "Maybe 6 or 8." Well, he ended up doing 42! He just kept running and running and didn't stop. He was so cute!
I loved his stretches before it began in his long dress like T-shirt. Overall it was a great experience for the boys and made me realize they would love to do some family races this summer.
At home the boys helped Mark fill the basketball hoop with the extra gravel we had. They need the basketball hoop to practice shooting now that they play basketball on Saturdays.
One Saturday we stopped by a fundraiser for Mark's high school friend and Timmy got his face painted and both boys got their first haircut from a professional instead of their dad.
The haircuts were great, but I'm happy with Mark cutting their hair as long as he's willing.
At the beginning of the month Brian sang in a Primary choir for Stake Conference. He is getting so good at singing and is really enjoying it.

We did a lot of cello playing, and on the weekends for their practicing I have tried just playing through songs for fun together as the Hsiao Cello Trio. This is definitely the reward for all the hard work! We certainly aren't dressed up here and we have weekend hair, but I just had Mark take a quick video since he was there for this time.
The big farm project for the month was to get 48 chicken eggs started incubating. The chickens are Mark's project since he is the one who has learned everything about them and is building the coop etc. I have loved just being along for this fun adventure! The eggs have been incubating in our basement for two weeks and we have one week left before they hatch! There will definitely be more to come about our chicken adventures! We are so excited for hatching weekend!
One miraculous Sunday in February I stayed extra long after church at choir practice and Mark arrived home from church at the same time as us (this is very rare considering all the bishopric stuff he usually has). When we all got home I realized we were all dressed up and we are very rarely all dressed up together and I needed some pictures of Brian for his baptism, so I was able to convince everyone to snap a few pictures outside. Here's our latest dressy family pictures. It's been two years since the last! I love this family of ours!
This guy will be 8 years old in a few weeks!
























No comments:
Post a Comment