A few days after ringing in the new year we met some friends at the children's theater to watch Peter Pan. The boys loved it!
On January 6th my mom brought some king cake for us to celebrate Three Kings Day. The boys loved that as well!
Brian did lots of homework in January. He is getting so big!
Brian in particular loved ice fishing. Even though it was freezing cold outside the tent, he stayed out there at his fishing hole just waiting for a bite. We had some bites but they all came off before Mark got them out of the hole. Sadly we didn't catch anything, but we had fun getting outside and we stopped at the Kamas Drugstore for lunch!
One day I took the boys swimming at the Sportsmall. They love swimming!
Mark went on a business trip to California. After his work meetings, he took a day to stay with Luke and Sunny in Palo Alto.
Luke took him around Stanford and they went out for some good food.
They were even able to meet up with Mark's cousin for dinner.
While Mark was out of town, the boys had a day off of school, so I took them to the Provo City Center Temple open house. I was lucky to get tickets for the perfect day for us to go. I remember playing the cello in the old Provo Tabernacle and going to stake conferences there when I was at BYU. It was so cool to see it restored as a temple and to show the boys. It is beautiful!
After touring the temple, we headed over to BYU and had lunch with the BYU students at the Cougar Eat. We ate the same Subway sandwiches I would always get there as a student. Oh boy was it fun to show Brian and Timmy BYU and to have so many memories come flooding back to me. I loved my time at BYU.
We went to the BYU Bookstore which the boys thought was so cool.
Then we walked over to the Museum of Art and saw the Norman Rockwell exhibit.
After viewing some Norman Rockwell, we went up to the Bean Museum. We absolutely loved it!
Brian was really interested in President Packer's bird carving exhibit. Brian loves to draw birds and now he wants to learn to carve them as well.
I let them choose as small item from the gift shop. Brian got a box of shark teeth and Timmy was so into BYU that he got a lollipop with a big Y on it.
I spent most of the drive home answering question after question about BYU and how to get into BYU etc.
We sure had a lot of snowy days in January. One Sunday it dumped the perfect snowman building snow. So after church we headed out to feed the animals and build some snowmen. Mark was between meetings and cleared the driveway in his church clothes. You can see him in the background here.
Brian and Timmy rolled those huge snowballs all by themselves! Then with Mark's help we built a very awesome snowman. Timmy was in Heaven.
This was from a pioneer themed Family Home Evening. The boys could not get enough of pioneer games with Mark.















No comments:
Post a Comment