My favorite part of the Christmas season is definitely the music! I absolutely love listening to Christmas music, playing Christmas music on the piano, playing Christmas music on the cello, singing Christmas music and now watching my boys play and sing Christmas music.
Piano Music
Brian and Timmy learned a lot of great songs on the piano and most had duets. Playing piano duets with my mom and sisters was always a tradition growing up and it was so fun for me to play with both my boys all through December in addition to the piano music I usually play. I am already looking forward to playing more duets with the boys again next year!
Cello Music
I played the cello for the ward Sacrament meeting program and I got a short but sweet chance to play a few Christmas songs with my sisters and my mom up at the ranch. Brian and Timmy learned some songs to play for the Holiday Cello Concert put on by their teacher and his wife. Together they have about 80 cello students and they all get together for a concert in December. It was one of the highlights of the season to watch Brian and Timmy join with 70 other cellists to create some fun Christmas music. It was such a neat experience for all of us!
Singing
The primary kids sang a beautiful medley of Christmas songs in Sacrament meeting and I got to sing with the ward choir through the Christmas season. At school the kids each learned a few songs to sing with their grade. Timmy was so excited to perform with his fellow Kindergarten friends and Brian did a great job as well.
Putting away all the Christmas music was the sad part about cleaning up from Christmas. I was relieved to put away the tree and the decorations, but sad to put away the Christmas books. I thought for a minute about playing Christmas music all year and then decided it will only be that much more fun to get it out again next year if I have to wait through the year.



No comments:
Post a Comment