In May I walked with Timmy's preschool class to the fire station. He loved getting a tour.
Then the next week those same firemen we saw were down our street fighting a real fire. They gave both boys a badge to wear.
Timmy's last day ended with a cute little program of singing and dancing. Timmy did great.
His teacher said her favorite thing about Timmy is his smile that he always had on his face. He did love school and was always happy to be there.
Here's a few samples of Timmy's art from this year. This first one is Timmy and Brian playing basketball. Timmy is the big one dribbling two balls at once. I think he looks more like Michael Jordan than Timmy, but maybe that was by design.
This is a Timmy self portrait done during the time of the stitches in his eyebrow. The dark eyebrow is the wound. He was really proud of this painting.
This is Brian and Timmy in the hot tub at the ranch. I love his unique style of art.
This picture came home from church in February. This is the future Timmy getting baptized. I might need to let him know that he will be wearing white when that time comes.
Brian had a great year in First Grade. He was actually really sad to say goodbye to his teachers and friends for the summer, but super excited for all the free time. School was a lot of hard work for him this year with going all day. He was exhausted every day I picked him up, but I know he was exhausted from working his little heart out trying his very best. He wants to be smart and do well and he has a bit of competitive spirit in him when it comes to achieving, which is a nice motivation for now I guess.
Brian was Student of the Month for April. This is what his teacher had to say about him.
Timmy and I went a few times to eat lunch with Brian this year. I love watching him with his buddies.
For some reason all the boys in Brian's class love Timmy. They always want Timmy to come and they all try to sit by him. It makes Timmy super excited to be in Kindergarten here next year!
We went to the school carnival this year. There were bounce houses and games and fun! Timmy was really close to dunking the kid at the dunk tank.
The PTA needed literally last minute help for field day, so Timmy and I stayed to help all morning. Timmy was a trooper.
First Grade is such a cool year! I have loved loved loved watching Brian learn to write and read! I had to include some of his school journal pages. Definitely something to keep forever!.
And here's a few from Brian's Chinese journal.
This is a report about bald eagles that Brian was assigned. He was super excited to write about and draw a bald eagle. This report got him very interested in birds for a while. He (and I) was really proud of that picture he drew.
This school year seemed to fly by. I am so grateful for Timmy's and Brian's teachers. We could not have asked for better this year!












No comments:
Post a Comment