Blog Archive

Apr 30, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter this year was very relaxing and enjoyable.  We went to three egg hunts, dyed eggs, and did a daily scripture devotional the week leading up to Easter.

Our first egg hunt was with friends from our old neighborhood.  We miss them and love when we have the chance to see them!

Our current ward does an annual egg hunt in the park behind our house.  It was so fun to walk through our gate and be there.  I love the succession of pictures here.  The first is just after they said go for the kids to take off and find the eggs.  Brian's true competitive spirit shines during these kind of activities.  That is anything where candy or sweets are involved and he potentially has a chance to get a lot of it.  He is the one with both the blue and white shirt and the blue and white bucket in the very front there. Timmy is on the right with a green striped shirt.



The last and best egg hunt of the Easter season was with my family at Grandma Joyce's.  The kids enjoyed the time with cousins and the food and candy.  The weather was beautiful!



General Conference landed on Easter Weekend so we spent much of our time attempting to watch it.  I wish I could say that all four sessions looked like the one below, with the boys quietly listening and pondering on the words and music.

The reality of it was that most of the time they were messing around with my phone, bugging each other and their parents, and wrestling with Mark.  I still got to listen to most of it this year though, and I loved watching it in our new house for the first time.



This year was the first year that dying, coloring, and painting eggs was a huge hit.  The kids spent so long with their eggs and wished I had cooked even more for them to do.



I hope everyone's Easter was as lovely as ours.

No comments: