February seemed to fly by, but as I look through all that we did and all that we accomplished I am amazed it all happened in that one short month.
February started out with a day long visit to the vet for our cat. Pete showed up in the barn one day with a nasty smelly swollen infected abscess on his back paw. Timmy and I got him safely to the vet. They got him sedated and cleaned his foot and gave him antibiotic shots and sent him home with me later that day after lots of money with pain meds and antibiotic ointment for his scratched eye. It was quite the ordeal and quite a whole lot of money. Before this he had never even let us hold him. I don't know if it was all the care I gave him with medicine twice a day or what, but since the incident Pete has become the most lovable sweetheart of a cat. He stays around the yard now and loves to just be near us. He especially loves when Mark scratches and roughs him up like a dog. In fact, he is the most doglike cat I've ever seen. We've all grown to love him and I enjoy his company. I am glad he is still with us.
It was a momentous occasion at the beginning of February when our last huge dumpster full of construction waste was hauled out of our backyard. I jumped for joy.
I also jumped for joy when the inside of the basement apartment was finally finished!
Goodbye dumpster and contractor trucks and hello humongous pile of dirt! Mark had a truckload of dirt dropped off in the back to finish the outside of the basement apartment. The only picture I got before dirt was relocated was this one through the kitchen window. Timmy got right to work moving that dirt with his tractor.
And so did Mark moving that dirt wheelbarrow by wheelbarrow until the backyard was leveled out.
Then we laid pavers for the basement patio and the fence posts were placed.
This weird storage/sprinkler control room thing next to the renters door looked like this in the beginning of February. We wanted it to be useful as a storage room for renters so Mark went to work cleaning it out.
And then he moved loads and loads of dirt with the help of his parents again.
Then he dug a huge hole in the front yard to replace the sprinkler valve and a bunch of other stuff buried way down in the ground
Did I mention Mark was doing all of this while hobbling around on one foot because earlier in the month he sprained his ankle worse than he ever has in his life and it was twice as big as it should have been and still hasn't healed after more than a month? It was rough, and I am still amazed that he got it all done.

The kids loved celebrating Valentine's Day!
Timmy and I got to help with Brian's school Valentine's party. It was so fun!
And we decorated cookies with friends at the park.
Timmy learned about the mail system in February and absolutely loved sending mail to Grandma Joyce.
Brian gave a great talk in primary and this was the only picture I got of the kids in their church clothes. Brian is so grown up in his little suit our friends gave him.
One afternoon Timmy asked to snuggle on the couch. There was no way I was going to say no to that request, so we snuggled under a blanket and after talking for a little bit he fell right to sleep. I just sat there soaking up his little 4-year-old sweetness until I had to wake him to go get Brian from school. I doubt there will be very many times in the future that he wants to snuggle on the couch and take a nap with me. Timmy loves the book called Love You Forever, where the mom holds her son while he's sleeping at nights even when he's grown, and sings, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." That's how I feel about Timmy.
We enjoyed a beautiful day at the zoo where we met my mom and Mandy.
We also went to my parent's condo and visited the planetarium with my mom. The boys were so excited to see the pansies at the condo and loved pretending to walk on the moon at the planetarium!




























No comments:
Post a Comment