Blog Archive

May 27, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This year on Mother's Day Brian was sick, poor guy.  He had been throwing up the night before, so I took Timmy to church and Mark stayed home with Brian.  I missed Brian at church because the Primary kids sang in Sacrament Meeting and he is one of my best singers.

I think that because Brian was not there, Timmy felt like he needed to step it up and fill in for any missing cuteness.  At Christmas time, Timmy refused to come and sing with the Primary in Sacrament Meeting and so I tried hard to prepare him for Mother's Day and hoped for his cooperation.  Boy did he cooperate.  In fact he stole the whole show. It was the best Mother's Day gift ever to be leading the children in a song and have Timmy's cute smiling face right in front of me blasting out every word of that song with never before seen gusto! Then to top it off, he held the last note out about 5 seconds longer than the other children and ended the song with the most dashing smile you could imagine.  He was loud and his timing and pitch were off, but he sang every single word and it was the cutest most adorable thing on the planet.  I was completely surprised by his Sacrament Meeting singing debut.  The whole rest of church was a never ending stream of Timmy compliments.  I had people seek me out just to tell me how he made their Mother's Day.  I will never forget three-year-old Timmy singing in Sacrament meeting for the first time.  It was pretty special.

Later that day we got to celebrate at Mark's parent's house with one of my favorite noodle dishes his mom makes.  My own Mom got to spend Mother's Day with my sister in Texas.  I am so grateful for the mother I have and for my mother-in-law.  I could not ask for better mothers in my life!


No comments: