Blog Archive

Jul 7, 2013

July 4th




















I'm going to let most of the pictures above speak for themselves.  Our Independence Day was wonderful. I love celebrating in Oakley.  However, the nights around July 4th were somewhat difficult.  We not only had late night fireworks, which were expected, but three nights of huge house shaking thunderstorms.  Timmy slept through everything.  Brian on the other hand, missed out on lots and lots of sleep due to night after night filled with all manner of booms and bangs.  The thunder and fireworks caused some serious anxiety for him.  I feel bad for Brian and I really hope he can just grow out of the fear, because I really don't know how to help him more than comfort him, explain that he's not in any danger, and provide some pretty sweet ear muffs.

2 comments:

Mandy and Brian said...

Haha, LOVE Brian's ear muffs for the fireworks!

Allison said...

I've been thinking about little Brian every time our neighborhood starts blasting the fireworks. Poor guy, I bet there have been some rough nights. I love his earmuffs though. He is so awesome to wear those!