Blog Archive

Nov 5, 2011

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween this year.  It just gets more and more fun as the kids get older. We started out the almost week long celebration with the ward party and trunk-or-treat.  It was fun, but also crazy with Mark busy helping run the thing and me chasing this darling little elephant and smiley pumpkin around the place.

The next morning Brian had his preschool Halloween party and program, so Timmy and I headed over to participate.  Brian was a bit shy for the program and just sat down and hid after the first song.  Luckily I got one picture of him preforming.

On Halloween we went trick-or-treating to Alice's work where all the ladies she works with oohed and aahed over how cute the kids were.


Then we went straight to get more candy at Mark's work.  By this time we were almost all trick-or-treated out and we hadn't even started the real thing yet.

Throughout the week before Halloween Brian begged and begged to carve pumpkins.  I waited and waited hoping to get a chance to do it with Mark around to help, but that never happened.  So Halloween morning I just decided to go ahead and get our pumpkin carved.  The kids loved it, but I felt like I needed four more hands to keep Timmy's busy grabby hands off the carving knife and to keep pumpkin guts from traveling throughout the entire house. 
 Brian would not allow us to carve anything but a happy pumpkin face.  He's a bit nervous around all the scary faces at Halloween.  The final product is in the next picture.

That evening Dave brought Jordie and Caitie over, while Alli put baby Will to bed, for some super fun trick-or-treating.  Brian especially had fun with his cousins there, and Jordie and Caitie were so brave at all the scary houses that it kept him from hightailing it home.  



1 comment:

Emily said...

Aw, cute - I love that elephant costume. . . and all the smiles.

Jenny - your hair is darling!