Blog Archive

Sep 26, 2010

Timmy: Four Months

Timmy's smiles just melt my heart.  He is four months old today and as cute as ever.  We gave him his first hair cut last week and he'll have his doctor's appointment in a few days.  At three months he weighed 14 lbs so we'll see what he has gained since then.  He's getting a little better at holding his head up, but doesn't enjoy it for very long. He laughs and coos, but most of all he just smiles.  He is starting to drool and loves to chew on my hand.  He loves attention, especially from me, Mark and Brian.  One of his favorites is when Brian does Patty Cake with him.


His sleeping has not improved since three months unfortunately.  He now takes shorter naps and does not want to sleep when Brian is napping, and then as soon as Brian wakes up, Timmy wants to sleep.  That makes it hard to go anywhere during the day.  However, it is nice that at night he gets really tired by 6:30 so he usually goes to sleep before Brian and both kids are asleep by 7:15 pm leaving me with my evenings.  He has been eating twice after that before morning.  If I let him sleep he wakes up at about 12:00 am and then again at around 4:00 am.  Sometimes I wake him before I go to bed to feed him.  I'm not quite sure how to address his sleeping and eating habits.  Right now I guess we'll just keep doing what we are doing.  He does go back to sleep after eating and sleeps almost always until after 8:00 am now.



He really has brought an abundance of joy into our lives and we are so grateful that he is part of our family. I seriously cannot get enough of those chubbo cheeks and darling smiles.


DOCTOR'S UPDATE
Weight 15.7 lbs
Height 26.2 in.
Head Circ. 16.5 in

He is in about the the 70% range for weight and 90% for height.  His clogged eye duct has officially cleared up and the Torticollis is also much improved.  His doctor's visits are a joy.  Mark's Mom watches Brian (Thank you Alice!) and Timmy is just so smiley and happy the whole time.  I know some of you won't believe me when I say Brian screamed through (and often for hours after) EVERY SINGLE ONE of his appointments until his 2 year well child visit.  My doctor just chuckled at Timmy's easygoing attitude today and said "It just goes to show that sometimes parenting has nothing to do with how children react." I love to see the unique aspects of each of my boys' personalities.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute cute hair Jenny!!! I LOVE it! :)

Margaret said...

Super cute haircut, Jenny! You look chic. I love this update. Hope you all are doing well. :)

jess said...

You chopped your hair off! I always do after I have a baby. The way I got Ethan to sleep longer than 4 hours was to stick in a binky & hope he'd go back to sleep. But sometimes babies just go through phases of waking up and eating more often. He's a cutie!

Teisa Linscott said...

I have to say I love your haircut! :) Thanks for letting me do it. I always love when you come in and I get to chat with you. I'll bring some eggs over pronto!

Jenny said...

Thanks guys for the hair compliments! I LOVE my haircut. Teisa, you are amazing! No one else has been able to make my hair look as good as you can.

Emily said...

okay, Jenny - you. look. amazing.

Timmy has the best cheeks!! kissy kissy kissy. . . he's getting SO cute.

Katie and Brandon said...

He is so cute! And your hair looks great, i love it!